Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wednesday - My Family and Patterns

Happy Wednesday

The Rock Stars of the Day were...

Jaxon shared with us his Elephant named Teddy Bellmore.


Elijah shared with us his Hulk Hands that go with his halloween costume.


Today the AM and PM Kinders did different jobs - they switched what they did yesterday.


The AM Kinders put their pattern skills to the test with a Pattern Challenge. They were challenged to create 3 different patterns. Some students created ABAB patterns, others created ABBA or ABCABC.

Here are some of the patterns that they came up with:





Today the PM Kinders Talked about their family.

Students shared with the class what they are thankful for and again, the one thing that came up the most was their family. We love our families!
Our family is so important to us and it is something that we will always be the most thankful for - sometimes our families look different.

We read "The Family Book" by Todd Parr and discussed how one persons family might look different than another persons family.

  • Elijah : I am thankful for thanksgiving because we get turkey
  • Jackson: I am thankful for my grandma and grandpa
  • Emma: I am thankful for everything that I have and my mom and my dad
  • Logan: I am thankful for a river because some places dont have water
  • Alister: I am thankful for my Mom and Dad
  • Doris: I am thankful for my Mom and my Grandma and that I live at Matts house with my Mom and Sister
  • Kaiya: I am thankful for my whole entire family
  • Amreen: I am thankful for my family
  • Blakely: I am thankful that I had a dog but he died and now I have a new dog name Willis
  • Farzana: I am thankful for my baby brother
  • Izakai: I am thankful for turkey
  • Ava: I am thankful for thanksgiving and that I am going to my Aunties
  • Andrew: I am thankful for my Mom helping people from getting sick
  • Ayla: I am thankful that I get to go to my grandpas house
  • Viana: I am thankful for cookies
  • Lyla: I am thankful for  my whole family
  • Benjamin: I am thankful that my mom is a paramedic
  • Jaden: I am thankful for my baby brother and my family
  • Roman: I am thankful for my racetrack
  • Jager: I am thankful for my kitchen, my house, that I have too many toys, my bed and my cousins

Here is a link to the book if you could like to read it again tonight. Click Here.

After sharing about their family we did a directed drawing on how to draw a Tood Parr Inspired family portrait. Next the students took their time carefully drawing each of their "Todd Parr Inspired" family members.
Todd Parr Inspired Family Portraits




RazKids
Your child was sent home their login information for RazKids for them to access at home.

Reminders:

  • No school for New Brighton students on Friday Oct. 11th
  • No school on Monday Oct. 14th 
  • Picture Day is Oct. 16th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovely Kinders and their families! Well today was going to be your first official day of Spring Break ... how times have changed...