Friday, November 15, 2019

Longer or Shorter

This morning the Kinders were challenged .... 
"Is your foot longer or shorter than your friends .... how many blocks longer or shorter is it?"

First, we needed to figure out how long our shoes were. We learned that when measuring we need to make sure we start at the end and not the middle of our shoe.
Next, we had to find a partner that had a different sized shoe "tower" than us.

The students were then encouraged to use the words longer / shorter and to count the amount of blocks that their partners shoes were longer / shorter. We shared our findings with the whole group.

Here are our findings:

  • Alister "my foot is one block shorter than Andrew's"
  • Andrew "my foot is one block taller than Alister's"
  • Jager "my foot is two blocks taller than Doris'"
  • Doris" my foot is two blocks shorter than Jager's"
  • Roman "my foot is two blocks longer than Ava's"
  • Ava "my foot is Three blocks shorter than Izakai's"
  • Izakai "my foot is three blocks longer than Ava's"
  • Elijah "my foot is one block shorter than Jackson's"
  • Jackson "my foot is one block longer than Elijah's"
  • Benjamin "my foot is two blocks taller than Lyla's"
  • Lyla "my foot is one block shorter than Benjamin's" ... we measured again by lining it up at the bottom and "my foot is two blocks shorter than Benjamin's!"
  • Blakely "my foot is one block taller than Amreen's"
  • Amreen "my foot is one block shorter than Blakely's"
  • Kaiya "my foot is two blocks shorter than Emma's"
  • Emma "my foot is two blocks longer than Kaiya's"
  • Jaden "my foot is one block shorter than Logan's"
  • Logan "my foot is one block taller than Jaden's"





Our Rock Star from yesterday was Ava!





Have a wonderful weekend!


Reminders:
- No school Friday for New Brighton Students

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovely Kinders and their families! Well today was going to be your first official day of Spring Break ... how times have changed...