Tuesday, September 24, 2019

See, Think, Wonder

Today we went for our first "Wonder Walk" and visited our Kindergarten tree!
On our walk to our tree we spent some time stopping and using our new thinking routine - See, Think, Wonder.



Some of the things that we noticed and wondered were:


  • "I see that tree does not have leaves. I wonder why? I think it was from the wind!"
  • "I see that tree is purple and that tree is yellow. I think that trees can have leaves that are every color. I saw white leaves before!"
  • "I see squares on the school. I wonder how many there are?"
  • "I see a tree that looks like a christmas tree!"
  • "I can see the flags. I wonder how they get so high?"
We then spent some time at our tree feeling it and describing what we felt.

  • "It feels bumpy"
  • "I think it feels so smooth here. But then it is bumpy, weird."
  • "I think this hole is for an animal and it feels hard."
  • "Why does it feel rough?"
We will be visiting our Kindergarten tree throughout the year to see how it changes with each season. We learned that an easy way to remember the season of Fall is that "the leaves FALL from the tree" - Mr. Murphy told our AM class this little trick!

We started our morning working at our learning tables. We are working on subitizing (recognizing the number number right away) and printing the numbers 1-5 and 1-12 with some fun math games, learning to draw a person using shapes and matching both upper and lower case letters to our name.
Ask me what the job was at my table today.




Both AM and PM students had gym today and the PM students had music

Terry Fox Run
Tomorrow the AM students will be running in the Terry Fox run with the whole school and the PM students will be running/speed walking the same route in the afternoon.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovely Kinders and their families! Well today was going to be your first official day of Spring Break ... how times have changed...